Friday, September 15, 2006

A new chapter begins !!!!

"Life is all about change. It's how we accept that change that determines our future path".
"Life is all about choices. Some choose poorly, but some lsten to wisdom & choose wisely".

Have you ever heard me say these things before?
I say them for a reason.
I don't want you to make the same stupid mistakes I made growing up.
Why? Simply because I care.
ENUF SAID about that.

Now for the meat & the potatoes of the reason for the blog.
Two things came out of my message on Wednesday Night.
#1- We all have GIFTS for God & we are expected to use them. If we don't we will have to answer to God one day for not using them.
#2- Why do you come to church?
Do you come just to hang out with your peeps?
Do you come to get away from a troubled home life?
OR
Do you come thirsting for TRUTH?
Most people from middle school through adulthood simply don't believe there is 100% TRUTH.
TRUTH is found in one guy. Jesus Christ.
So why do we come to church anyway?
If you don't don't have the answer to that, then you need to be plugged in somewhere and fixing that problem.
We come to church to learn, to grow, to fellowship, to listen, to talk, to encourgae, to give hope, to connect and to humble ourselves before the CREATOR of the UNIVERSE, God.
Going to church is playing church. A very favorite famous quote of mine goes like this,
"We should be worshiping coming to church, instead of coming to church to worship".
Romans 12:1 talks about a living sacrifice.
That verse is talking to you & to me.
In a few weeks, during the Wednesday Night Student Service, we call Common Ground, I want us to start examining ourselves. Start looking on the inside to see what is changing on the outside.
Worship is many things to many different people.
For example: Coming to corporate worship.
Why is it always about the music?
Why is it always about, I didn't get much outta that preaching!
That message didn't do me any good today !
Why do people sit as far back in the church as they can get?

I know I just stepped on a few toes, it won't hurt long.
My point is this. There are 168 hours in a week. How much of that time are you giving to God in some way or another and how much are we making up excuses why we either didn't come or what we did or didn't like about something, including the corporate worship.
GUYS, its NEVER ABOUT US. It never has & it never will be. I like most every bit of worship or Christian music that exist (except for about 3) that I just don't relate to, but I still think if it glorifies God, I'm ok with it.
It's not about a certain kind of music, it's not about a pastor or a student minister, it's about that very special relationship with Christ that drives us. If you are lacking that aspect of your life then you my friend are living toward a dead end road.
There should be some " COMMON GROUND" where we as the body of Christ can mutually come together & focus for at least 1 hour a week on HIM & NOT on our minor differences.
It's about HIM, not us.

In Christ,
TC

No comments: