Tuesday, August 05, 2008

From the Rocky Mountains

As I write today, I am sitting in my incredible room at Glorietta New Mexico looking out the picture perfect window at God's Creation. Anyone who can not comprehend the magnitude of God's power needs to do what I did, go to the mountains.

Last night David Platt, our conference speaker, was digging deep in Exodus 33. A truly amazing set of passages that speaks of Moses and God. How incredible that must have been. Only Moses had access to God. No one else could enter the tent but him. But with Christ sacrifice, that was totally wiped clean. Each and everyone on the planet has direct access to God because of what Christ did for you and for me. The amazing thing about these passages was that each and every time God direct Moses to lead his people, God said He will not be with them. Moses went directly back to God and said, If you not going with us, we are just not going. Moses knew that without God protection and without his leading them in the correct ways, they we all doomed.

In the end Moses asked God to "Show me your Glory?
God showed him. So what's your excuse?

No comments: