Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Sky is Falling. The Sky is Falling. I must Run and Tell the King

Some people say the ancient Mayans say that the world’s expiration date is quickly approaching, but there are other arguments around these days about just how imminent such an end might be. A Statement like" Judgment Day is “guaranteed” to begin on May 21st, 2011. Oh, really now. I beg to differ. But who am I to argue the XPERTS.
I have been completely fascinated by this proclamation ever since I first heard Harold Camping’s declaration earlier this year. You see, this guy Camping is a long-time Christian radio broadcaster who has been around forever, well maybe not that long), but as long as I can remember, which is longer than most but not as many as a few........

So Harold, the earth is scheduled for destruction next week and you have “absolute proof” that the Rapture will take place a week from this Saturday, and that God will then destroy the entire planet along with the universe) on October 21st, about 5 months later. So if this is God’s plan for the end of the world, the planet must really be a wicked place.” and He is just tired and Bored with us humans.
Camping obviously has a twisted sort of mind and is in my opinion, something of a heretic or even a nut. He also thinks that the Holy Spirit has no connection to most Christian churches or denominations today.

So Harold, what does the Holy Spirit then do with all this free time. Go on Vacation? I think you were the same person who way back in 1994 set another day for our Lord’s return, which was back in 1994.

Harold, let me go on record to say that I don't have much patience for predictions about the future based on interpretations of religious texts. The Bible says NO ONE KNOWS THE HOUR. Not even the ARC Angels. NO ONE knows, which even includes me, Master Yoda. God holds that ace card in HIS HAND.
I know what many say about the Mayan calendar and that it abruptly stops. Did you ever think that they just ran out of ink or got bored with it and just went fishing or something. Maybe you meant to say because of this chain-reaction of uprisings in the Middle East, the Tsunami in Japan, the nuclear issues after wards along with the global financial crisis, and maybe even the recent tornadoes or even the flooding of the Mississippi.

So Harold, I give you the credit of being plain dumb. I trust what the Bible says that GOD SAID and NOT a man.
So I will probably wake up on May 22nd and just say, God I knew to trust you and not Harold. At least Harold hasn't asked me to drink the red Kool-Aid.
till next time
peace
tc

No comments: