Sunday, August 27, 2006

Yet another Sunday goes by

Doing the BLOG thing can be risky. But sometimes the inside needs to be on the outside. 2 things came into my mind today. Scarey I know. So here goes.

#1- I was sitting in church today listening to an abbreviated message (due to time factor) & I thought, "why are we (or some) so worried about getting out of church ON TIME?". WHAT'S the BIG DEAL?
Is the pot roast gonna get a little over done rather than digging into God's word?
So if we are 1o-20 minutes late going to bible study, are the ones who didn't bother to come to worship, gonna get up & leave because we are running late?

I don't think so.
Which sets up yet another question.
Why does time control us rather than us controlling time?
Isn't a clock a man made device to help us manage our time?
What amount of time is worth the price of some one's eternal future?

I loved today's message & thought it could go alot deeper "IF" time wasn't controlling us & we were controlling time. I think we need to let God control "our clock". The closer I am to hearing God's word through someone else, the closer I grow to him and that's all the difference in the world to me.
Another thought out of today's message and THANK YOU Bro. Jimmy for being BOLD enough to say what I have been asking for years.

#2- Why is it that in a church our size, I don't have a long list of concerned people who want to see today's student's (middle school thru college) so filled up with God's word, that they are about to explode?

That question I will leave for another day.
After I sleep off my delicious chicken. beef & steak tacos from CC Life tonight.
Ahhhhh
Night
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
In Christ,
TC

No comments: