Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"The End"

Ever had one of those days like where your were, you just wanted to be somewhere else? That is today. Today is just not one of my wanna be around people day. If I could, I would go far far away from the noise of the hustle and hurry of this modern day society and just go sit somewhere quitely. Someplace quiet, either near a flowing, bubbling stream or high on a mountain top.
Over the past several months, I have really dug into "The Cross of Christ". I find that on days like these, I just want to go sit and talk to MY Jesus. Notice, "MY" Jesus. I read and reviewed a book that was sent to me by my old buddy Mark Hall, Casting Crowns frontman. Mark wrote this book named , "Your Own Jesus". In this book Mark describes how we each see Jesus differently and how we relate to who he was and is in our life today. Today, I see Jesus as a great listener. Someone who can sit and listen all day long to me and one I can truly lean on. I know what your thinking, TC what's up? What's going on in your brain? Well, Actually nothing and that's the problem.

On previous times in my life, when I seem to go into a CALM SEASON, where there is no drama happening, no family issues I am listening to or dealing with. Just nothing worth mentioning that is going on and that is what has me thinking. In previous times, God has me in a season of resting. Usually preparing me for something HE is getting in order, then when I least expect it, a new season begins and most times without me even knowing it. God is up to something new in my life and that is why I wanna get away and just talk to MY Jesus. I know something is around the corner and I wish I knew what it was. But then if I did, Why would I need Faith? And that in itself is a whole new ballgame there.

Job says it like this in the KJV , "Tho He slay me, yet will I trust in him", and with that I fully agree. Time will tell in this daily walk with MY Jesus.

So how are you and YOUR Jesus today?

till next time,

tc
Romans 5:1
Jesus is not a means to an end; He is the end.

No comments: