Sunday, August 29, 2010

Chillin'

Well it's a lazy Sunday afternoon after another amazing worship experience at LCWM. It just keeps getting better and better and it's so refreshing the hear great and memorable stories come from Pastor Joel. He is by far the real deal and so open with his life's stories. But I sat there today soaking in knowledge of how we profess Jesus is Lord in our lives but many times our lifestyle says just the opposite. The facts are that 94% of people in America say they believe in God. So why then aren't our churches overflowing with people and the body of Christ is exploding with growth. They should be so full that tents should be on every block holding services with that kind of overflow.

Being a teenager in the 70's and seeing my generation literally fall away, it saddens me when I read post on FB of how few people mention God, missions, serving and hardly ever the name of Jesus. I know we get so caught up in our everyday lives that we just forget who holds it all together, Jesus. With FULL FAITH,I believe the Bible when it says "In the beginning was Jesus, and Jesus was with God, and Jesus was God. Jesus was with God in the beginning. Through Jesus all things were made; without Jesus nothing was made that has been made. In Jesus was life, and that life was the light of men. Jesus shines in the darkness, but the darkness (meaning us) has not understood it."

For the last many decades, I have been very blessed to have many things. A wife who loves me still after 35+ years, a son who makes me so very proud of him, an incredibly gifted and caring daughter-in-law who thru her and my son, has blessed us with a grand daughter. A loving Faith Family (my church) who continues to amaze me. A Pastor and his wife who love people like no clergy I have ever seen before, close brothers in ministry, students who I have had the privilege of sharing life with as their student or college pastor. But above all these blessed things. I have a Savior who loves me like no tomorrow. He quickly points out when I fall as He loves me back thru repentance. He has never once failed me even in the slightest way.

So back to my initial thought. Why do we profess Jesus with our lips and then deny him with our lifestyle? That is what a broken world finds so amazing? So if you are a believer and read this blog. Do this not only for me but for Jesus. Sit up straight, hold your head up and DO THE DEAL. ACT LIKE IT. Paul says it like this, (in my own words). Do what is noble and right and just and you should stick out like a giant spotlight for the world to see. THAT, my friends will be your entrance to sharing Jesus to a VERY BROKEN WORLD.

till next time,
tc
Romans 5:1

Now as for me, I am headed tonight to a 4 day youth thing we call Youth MPact. Even though I am officially a College Pastor, I love being with H/S students period and I have full intention of worshiping MY JESUS. For My Jesus is the one who is worthy of ALL Praise..........

No comments: