Monday, August 16, 2010

God's Plan

As I was looking at FB (Facebook) tonight, I saw a post by my YP coheart(that's youth pastor) Alberto Sandino, Beto. Beto lost his dad several months back and He misses his voice, his smile and his love very much, as I still miss my dad who went to be with the Lord years ago. I never had the opportunity to meet this quiet man who did so many things for so many people that it is mind boggling. Many times when a loved one passed away, the minister has to dig deep to leave some kind, encouraging words for the family to remember. With Beto's dad it was just the opposite. His dad left a lifelong legacy of "Love God , Love People" planted deeply in Beto and in his wife Ashley that is clearly evident to ones who have had the honor to met and know them. I have been blessed to get to know them both, especially Beto, from both sides of the spectrum, during good times and bad, during happy times and sad. But through the density of life, his dad's kindness and general love for people shows very bright.

Many times I referred to my dad as a silent GIANT. He spoke very little and I hardly ever heard him raise his voice and never knew so many things he did for people until after his passing. Very similar to Dr. Sandino, and yes he was a medical doctor who did things behind the scenes that nobody ever knew about.

So tonight, I praise God for one day the word " brokeness" became real in my life and I knew I truly needed a savior to fix what I had slowly torn down. I hope and pray that my legacy continues in my son and now to my grand daughter for generations to bare witness to. That God through his son Jesus and through the Holy Spirit is very active and very much alive in this broken world if we will only say, Yes.

As I look back on my journey tonight," What would I have changed if I could? I thought about several but these kinda rise to the top. #1- I would have packed the bags more often and taken more vacations with the family. The church will be there when I get back and it will function fine with out me. #2- I would have spent more time with mom and dad, relatives, aunts, uncles, grand parents etc. Time has a way of slipping through our fingers very quickly.

So for whoever reads ths blog, understand this, I may be getting older but in NO WAY, will I ever stop serving Christ and stop loving people. I may be 84 and still hanging around students but Wow, will I have some stories to tell.

Time is precious and Life is Truly Like A Vapor, so seise every moment you have like it's you last, cause it just might be.

till next time
peace

tc
Romans 5:1

No comments: