Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Fields of Faith

When you get a "nudge" from God, I have learned, over the years, to act on it.
Today was a PRIME example of letting me know that GOD, knows what he is doing.
About 2 months ago, Merebear, (Meredith, for all you goober heads that don' know this outgoing & sometimes highly energetic middle schooler), was in the youth office helping her self to a few of the LifeSavers I convienently keep in a jar on my desk. I had just come from a Youth Pastor meeting about M-Pact. I ran an idea by her that seemed to initially bounce of her like a basketball off a backboard. So I figured," she's just not interested". Several days later she asked about that which I thought was a "no go". The next thing I hear is that several of the West Ridge students have taken the initiave to go to their FSC & FCA sponsors and ask if they can do it.
Well, today was the high point of their efforts was this morning at 7:25am at the West Ridge Middle School Football Stadium. 275 strong too. They quoted scripture, they prayed for each others, they sang, they fellowshiped and they encouraged others to stand up "for what they believe in". What they believe in is Jesus and the impact he has made on these students lives. Many times in student ministry you see students on fire for Christ and by the time they are seniors in High School, their fire has dwindled to just steam coming off a smoldering fire. But at times like these, I see a ray of hope for the future. I see students who will still be God Chasers well beyond their middle school years. It is indeed an honor to witness these students grow in Christ daily.
It is indeed an honor to be at the "best seat in the house".
It is amazing to know that God has a plan for everyone IF we go with his nudge.
TC

No comments: