Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Time to Jump FEET FIRST

Well, I purposely laid off the blog for a few months for several reasons, (which is another blog one day), but yet through the reasons behind my shifting gears, shifting churches and changing fields of ministry, God is fastly creating a whole new world of ministry for me. Presently, I have shifted from student ( 6-12 grade and college) to focus on creating a brand new ground level college/career ministry (20 Somethings they call it) at a smaller but highly alive non-denominational church. This particular church has seen radical change over the years but through these changes is emerging a new servant based, open to all, whoever you are type church. In fact, I wouldn't call it a church. It's more like the body of Christ that Jesus talks about. We all have different gifts that equips us to do some things better than other things, but when they all come together, it truly is an amazing and inspiring thing.

Just last week was VBS and I always volunteer to help and to see who is coming down the pipeline one day, but it's really a kick in the pants. Well, I wasn't given any certain daily thing to do, except share the gospel , which is the BIGGEST thing to do in my opinion. So, I dusted off a 2,000 year old man made costume and asked God for words to speak to children, which is one ministry I have NEVER had a desire to dive into. So I go in FET FIRST with No rehearsing, no outline, no bible, just me and the Lord. I still have no clue what I said basically, but 9 children, God's children, raised their tiny hands to show us that they want to KNOW JESUS more. My heart wanted to scream THANK YOU LORD. Later, that night I heard that another volunteer was talking to them and a total of 23 accepted Christ. Out of 77 kids , 23 accepted Christ, AWESOME.

But there is sooooo much more:

The student ministry has nearly doubled recently. What an incredible job the staff and volunteers are doing while caring and just lovin on God's students Long range planning is being discussed, worship services on Saturday are happening and being permanently scheduled. The worship team is getting it cranked back up. New people are coming on board and even a new ultra modern children-student facility is in the early planning stages. Mind Blowing.

While some traditional churches are slowly crumbling, newer emerging churches seem to be flourishing. Take for example Healing Place Church in Baton Rouge. Talk about a church on Spiritual Steroids, UnBeLiVeAbLe !! Church of the Highlands in Alabama and so many more.
God is at work and you can say what you want to but HE IS ON THE MOVE. All I can say is look around. God is so fully alive if we will only get of the super highway of life and stop and rest for a moment and look around.

As for me, a new ground level college/career ministry has been laid in my lap. My only instructions were, "DO IT". How directly effectve those small two words can be. So with that being said, "CONNECT" was born and last Sunday 9 college/career young adults attended our first fellowship gathering while some of the church staff came by to eat FREE FOOD and support our collective group of die hard believers. As others return from over seas missons and national collegiate weeks, I see the "son" slowly rising to meet us where we are in this new arm of this growing family of believers we call Life Church West Monroe.

But, best of all I have realised a few things. God is at work. God is at work in my life. God is using me simply because I said YES. God has a plan through every single minute of confusion that we experience when change happens. God is opening up new doors of opportunity to share who his son is and why he came. God uses us best when we have no one place to turn around and just say YES.

So where will all this change lead me, only the LORD GOD knows. But that's ok. I said YES and TC is not an INDIAN GIVER.

till next time
peace I leave with you

tc
Romans 5:1
tim@lifechurchconnect.com
www.lifechurchconnect.com
www.lifechurchwestmonroe.com

No comments: